What It Is
The celebrity-famous HydraFacial treatment is a gentle and effective procedure that integrates a variety of skin rejuvenating methods in order to give you a healthier, radiant appearance. It efficiently combines cleansing, exfoliating, extraction, and hydration—making it one of the most popular options for a facial on the market.
As its name might suggest, the HydraFacial treatment is typically performed on the face in order to achieve clearer and brighter skin.
Unlike other cosmetic treatments, the HydraFacial is unique in its ability to treat all ages, skin colours, and skin types—including those with sensitive skin or those suffering from acne. The reason for this is because it is completely customizable to your specific concerns and skin goals. A HydraFacial treatment is effective in treating a number of troublesome skin conditions including:
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage and brown spots
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Oily and congested skin
- Elasticity and firmness
Additionally, there’s no need to avoid the sun with a HydraFacial treatment. You can undergo this procedure all year round without worrying about increased photosensitivity.
How to Prepare
There are some things that you should avoid doing for about a week prior to your HydraFacial treatment. This list includes:
- Not tanning or using self-tanner
- Avoiding any aggressive scrubs or face masks
- Not getting any injectable fillers
- Discontinuing your use of prescription-strength Retin A
How It Works
This invigorating skincare treatment is oftentimes described as a wet microdermabrasion, prompting it to alternatively be referred to as a “hydradermabrasion”. In a simple, four-step process your skin will be transformed from dull to radiant in just thirty minutes. The steps of a HydraFacial treatment are as follows:
- Cleansing & Exfoliation: Your face is manually cleansed by your aesthetician in order to gently exfoliate the outer layers of your skin. A deeper cleansing and exfoliation is followed using a device that incorporates both water pressure and a textured tip to remove impurities.
- Acid Peel: A mixture of glycolic and salicylic acid chemically exfoliates your skin, targeting dirt and debris nestled deep in your pores that manual cleansing methods cannot remove.
- Extraction: There’s no need for painful extractions with the HydraFacial treatment. Instead, a vortex extraction tool is used to suction impurities such as blackheads, dead skin cells, and excess oil from your skin.
- Hydration: Finally, your skin is deeply moisturized using a combination of serum boosters such as antioxidants, potent peptides, and hyaluronic acid. Additional, soothing gels can be used to keep your complexion cool, hydrated, and bright.
Results You Can Expect
Almost immediately after your first HydraFacial treatment, you can expect to see a much more radiant complexion than before. Not only will your pores be visibly smaller, but your skin will be soft and glowing from how well it is hydrated.
The best way to achieve optimal HydraFacial results is to have multiple treatments. Doing so will maximize the benefits and ensure that your beautiful, glowing results are maintained. It is recommended that you start your HydraFacial treatments with four to six sessions performed around two weeks apart from one another. Hydrafacial treatments can also be used in conjunction with BBL or HALO treatments to enhance the results of these therapies.
Additionally, you can combine your HydraFacials with an enhanced, yet simple, at-home skincare regime using medical-grade products. This can help to maximize the overall benefits of your treatments in order to lessen the appearance of uneven skin tone as well as fine lines and wrinkles.
Aftercare and Recovery
One of the greatest benefits of the HydraFacial treatment is that you can enjoy its deep cleansing benefits without the fear of skin irritation. As previously mentioned, even the most sensitive skin types can benefit from this procedure, even those with active acne.
Another benefit is that there is absolutely no downtime required after undergoing a treatment session. You can return to work or your regular activities immediately afterwards. This is because when it comes to the HydraFacial treatment, there are very little aftercare instructions. However, some things that you’ll want to keep in mind include:
- Do not wash your face or shower for 6 hours
- Avoid physical activity for about 6 hours
- For 2 weeks after your session avoid any chemical peels, microdermabrasion, or dermaplaning
- Do not use chemical exfoliants for 2 days after your treatment
- Apply sunscreen every day for at least a week after your treatment
One of the reasons this facial procedure is so popular is due to its minimal side effects. You may experience some mild redness for a couple of hours immediately following your treatment or flaking after a day or two. However, this should resolve itself on its own and subside within a few days.
While the risks of any adverse reactions to the HydraFacial treatment are low, that does not mean they are impossible. You may experience irritation due to the customized serums used during the hydration step of the process if you have extremely reactive skin.
Why Choose APT Medical Aesthetics?
APT Medical Aesthetics is a comprehensive med spa in Oakville that offers an extensive array of cosmetic treatments including HydraFacial. Our team of dedicated aestheticians will gladly help you to identify and achieve your skin goals with the HydraFacial treatment. If you have any questions or are looking to book your free consultation, contact us today.